WELCOME

WELCOME to the Take Joy Society. We are a group of ladies who first met because of our love of Tasha Tudor's art and lifestyle. We are broadening our focus to include other artists/writers/people of interest who embody Tasha's philosophy to Take Joy in all the good that life has to offer. Here you will find a record of our get-togethers and resources to help you see that the gloom of the world is but a shadow so that you, too, can Take Joy by Creating Joy in your life!

Sunday, October 1, 2017

❤️ Of the Home - October





I think Susan Branch's Autumn illustrations are her loveliest.  I'm sure it's because she LOVES Autumn so much.  It was what drew her to Martha's Vineyard in the first place.
I love the photos she posts of her home and of the island.  I love Autumn because of the colors and cooler temperatues. Each October we take a few days to go wandering the back roads of the Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia or Pennsylvania mountains. 
Autumn is all about the trees!



Susan has some wonderful Autumn recipes such as these pumpkin recipes. . . .

 






She also has fun ideas for celebrating Halloween. . . .


Here are the recipes for her Halloween Dinner Menu mentioned above.  I included two of them in last month's post, but am repeating them here as part of the menu:

You can see how Susan makes the Chili Recipe HERE.









Susan has designed a cup just for Autumn!  They are sold out, however.  But she is designing one for each season, and I would suspect once she's designed all four the Autumn cup may be put back into production.  Check out her on-line store.  You'll find lots of fun things there.


Even if Halloween isn't your ballywick, who can resist Jack-o-Lanterns, especially when they have star cutouts to light up the dark evenings!



You can print out Susan's Pumpkin bookmark by dragging it to your computer desktop, open it in Preview (double click on it), then print it out on cardstock. . . .










What do you love most about Autumn?


and should not be used
for commercial purposes


 ❤️Take Joy❤️

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I adore Susan and all she brings to make the world a better, happier place. We're so lucky that she found an outlet for her beautiful mugs right here in the UK! We won't have the first run, but I have Autumn and Martha's Vineyard now. Isn't it fun to collect books with matching mugs?

    What do I love best about Autumn, you ask ~ why, Everything! I was born Autumn!

    ~~~Deb in Wales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday, Deborah! A lovely time of year to be born. And I agree--everything about Autumn and Susan is lovable. ❤️

      Delete
  2. I finally made Touchdown Chili this week ... a different take on my usual recipe, as there was not a tomato in sight! I generally use ground beef and kidney beans and WAY less chili powder, but the chunks of beef were much more flavorful and the pintos were a nice variation. The addition of her suggested garnishes, plus a sprinkling of shredded cheddar cheese made for a very tasty meal. It was even better the second day, after all the flavors had melded overnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the review, Sharon. I'm sure Susan would be pleased.

      Delete
  3. Your post today made me find my own copy of "Autumn" and page through it again, something I do every year of course in the Fall and often at other times of the year as well. I think it's one of Susan's best - and I have them all so that's saying something. And that's probably because she loves the Fall so much herself. What do I like best about Autumn? Temperatures that drop into comfort levels again and of course the colors. A new landscape & new weather in which to enjoy it. And the Fall holidays too which are also my favorites. The fun of Halloween & the food of Thanksgiving. And no snow in the way yet [usually]. Oh, and I love that first day in the Fall when hot water is REQUIRED in the shower, instead of Summer's lukewarm or coolish water. That's a great moment too! 🍂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all your reasons for loving Autumn, Janet! Especially all the "changes"--new landscapes, new weather. I love the different clothing and different menus for my meals. I love sleeping under my comforter rather than just the sheet. I love that we go away for a few days and enjoy the outdoors somewhere NEW.

      Delete

I appreciate your taking the time to comment! Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.